hyperlinks in printed documents

Subject: hyperlinks in printed documents
From: "Benzi Schreiber" <benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com>
To: "techwhirl" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 13:05:36 +0200

The Word docs that I'm writing will be read as printed documents and also
online (as Word docs). The cross-references are hyperlinks, so they appear
in a different color and with underline. But in the printed docs, that looks
awful. Is there a standard way of formatting the hyperlinks so they look OK
(i.e., like normal text) in print, but are still obviously hyperlinks when
viewed on screen? I don't think it's enough to just use italics. My editor
suggested using a color that shows up as black when in print (e.g., dark
green). But we often print the docs in color.

Any ideas, friends?

Thanks

Benzi Schreiber
Tradeum Inc.