Task-based vs. System-Based Procedures

Subject: Task-based vs. System-Based Procedures
From: Bill Hartzer <BHartzer -at- cha-systems -dot- com>
To: "'Techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 14:51:11 -0600

Hi,

In regards to computer software, what is the difference between
task-based procedures and system-based procedures?

Also, could you provide an example of each?

We use task-based procedures when documenting our computer software,
but am struggling to explain the difference between the two.

Thanks!
Bill Hartzer
Technical Writer
CHA Systems, Inc.
2711 LBJ Freeway
Suite 172
Dallas, TX 75234
phone: 972-892-7566
email: bhartzer -at- cha-systems -dot- com