RE: Word cross-ref problems

Subject: RE: Word cross-ref problems
From: Emru Townsend <etownsen -at- Softimage -dot- com>
To: "'techwrl'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 12:25:21 -0500

I used to run into this when I was using Word for writing manuals. As I
recall, the trouble is that when you insert new text right before the text
you're referencing, Word considers the new text part of the reference. For
instance, if I was referencing a heading that read "Getting Started" and
later inserted a page break before the G, Word would consider the page break
to be part of the references text.

The solution: go to the end of the previous paragraph, press Enter, and then
insert the new text. Bada bing.

Emru Townsend, Information Developer | etownsen -at- softimage -dot- com
Softimage, Inc.
Personal Web site: http://purpleplanetmedia.com
Recent musings: http://purpleplanetmedia.com/eye/film/f2k.html