Starting chapters on odd pages in Word2000

Subject: Starting chapters on odd pages in Word2000
From: Dave Neufeld <Dave_Neufeld -at- spectrumsignal -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 10:43:38 -0800

Hi all,

We've just upgraded to Word 2000 from Word 95 and I'm wondering if there's a
solution to an old problem I've had with MSWord.

Is there a way to ensure that MSWord inserts a blank page before section
breaks that start on odd pages, if necessary, to ensure that the pages go
odd, even, odd, even, odd, even, and so on?

Currently, if I select different odd and even headers/footers and set each
section break to begin on an odd page I can end up with something like this
(where [SB] indicates the section break)
odd, even, odd, [SB]odd, even, [SB]odd, [SB]odd...
When printing a book on both sides of the page, this screws up the left and
right page formatting.

Framemaker has always handled this well, but I haven't found a solution in
MSWord yet. I will not use MSWord's Master Document feature, so if the
solution is there, it's not really a solution for me. (Master Documents is
the Blair Witch)

thanx,

David Neufeld
Technical Publications
Spectrum Signal Processing, Inc.
dave_neufeld -at- spectrumsignal -dot- com
http:\\www.spectrumsignal.com
"no matter where you go..... there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai