RE: graphics/illustration tips and techniques

Subject: RE: graphics/illustration tips and techniques
From: BlaineBachman -at- bia -dot- gov
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 08:36:57 -0700

First, an editorial preface: "Opinions are like . . . you know . . . blah,
blah, blah."

Now that that's over, my personal opinion is that when it's up to me to
create the graphics (other than those using photos), I'd rather have a good
tool than a lot of hints.

If I had to pick one tool, I'd choose Visio Professional with as many
graphics libraries as I could get my hands on. The CAD-like capabilities
of this package are handy without being arcane, and one can produce many
types of graphics, from org charts, through furniture layout and circuit
diagrams, to screen faces and more.

BTW, I am in no way connected with Visio (and am not a stockholder).

-Blaine