Re: New Hires

Subject: Re: New Hires
From: "Lee Tesdell" <ltesdell -at- eai -dot- com>
To: "Susan Loudermilk" <slouderm -at- falcon -dot- tamucc -dot- edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:25:54 -0600

Susan:

Based on my participation in a number of interviews, here are some things we
look for:

Collaboration skills
Can this person work effectively with programmers? If the programmer is not
from the same culture, can this person still work effectively? Is this
person able to work under an editor who, due to time constraints, may not
always be diplomatic?

Language skills
Does this person write well? Can this person learn to write according to a
new style guide? Is this person able to learn new language skills on the
job? Can this person write quickly?

Technical skills
Does this person have the required software and hardware skills? Does this
person know how to use on-line documentation tools? Can this person
understand complex concepts and explain them to the user effectively?

Good luck.

Lee S. Tesdell