RE: Are you debating the elimination of printed docs? (An idea. . .)

Subject: RE: Are you debating the elimination of printed docs? (An idea. . .)
From: Emru Townsend <etownsen -at- Softimage -dot- com>
To: "'techwrl'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 14:56:08 -0500

I think they anticipated you on that one, Martha -- most if not all the
e-books allow you to create bookmarks and annotate the text.

Actually, what I'd like to see in e-books is the option to add hyperlinks
within a document set. The Rocket eBook has something like this already --
you can look up any word in the built-in dictionary -- but I'd like to see
it as something that's completely customizable. For instance, if my
young'un is into Greek mythology (like I was), I'd like to be free to put
together a batch of documents and add hyperlinks. The selection of the
texts and the hyperlinks would then be tailored to his interests, or to
avenues I'd like him to explore. (For the really interesting parts, there'd
be a popup that reads, "For more information, talk to dad.")

Emru Townsend, Information Developer | etownsen -at- softimage -dot- com
Softimage, Inc.
Personal Web site: http://purpleplanetmedia.com
Recent musings: http://purpleplanetmedia.com/eye/film/f2k.html