Re: online tech writing certificate program

Subject: Re: online tech writing certificate program
From: Chris Fitzgerald <chrisfitztex -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 08:48:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

I've been researching online and on-campus programs for tech.
writing and have seen everything from $12/unit (cheap) to $1,800
per course (local degree slinger). The course that I finally
decided upon was an online certificate program here:
http://216.25.105.11/technical/index.htm. The cost was $210.00
per class (3 classes in the program).
I've been trying to get a TW track started at the local
community college, but I'll probably be retired before the
powers-that-be decide that it's a viable program.

My thoughts are that documentation SME's are needed just like
other SME's, etc. Perhaps this is an opportunity for a few of
you to begin a program to teach exactly what is necessary to
step in to a TW position.
Just thought I'd add my .02 :)

Chris

http://im.yahoo.com