Re: How do you handle revisions for translation?

Subject: Re: How do you handle revisions for translation?
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Krista Van Laan" <KVanlaan -at- verisign -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:16:17 -0800

When I needed to do this - and I tell my writers to do this now - Keep an
Excel spreadsheet or a table that has 3 columns marked Page, Was, Is or
something like that. Then when they make a change, they mark in the table
the page of the change, paste the text before the change and paste the new
text.

Once a week, the table is sent to the localization company, along with the
new files. Everyone seems very happy with this arrangement.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!