Re: E-books

Subject: Re: E-books
From: "Frank T. Kryza" <ftkryza -at- metronet -dot- com>
To: Jean Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:02:24 -0600 (CST)

I resisted e-books for a long time, until I got a copy of the Library of
the Future, which contains all kinds of books (1500) on a single CD-ROM,
many of which I want to refer to every so often, but don't want to keep in
my already crammed library. To make the e-books as comfortable to work
with as possible, I increase the font size to some like 18 or 20 point and
use a 21" monitor to read, sitting back in comfortable chair. I admit
it's not as nice as paper (which is the ideal medium for reading,
according to an article I saw recently), but it is nice to have access to
this material without having to find more shelf space.