Re: Adobe Framemaker

Subject: Re: Adobe Framemaker
From: Win Day <winday -at- home -dot- com>
To: Marc Santacroce <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:09:31 -0500

At 07:15 AM 1/13/00 -0800, Marc Santacroce wrote:
>Eric, I understand your point on this, but I'm not entirely sure you
>are correct.
>
>I've been to many trade shows where the vendor (usually a catalog
>vendor) is 'selling' an early version of an application, and
>advertising that it qualifies for the upgrade price to the newest
>version.

Exactly. Which is Eric's point -- you BUY the earlier version, and then
you BUY the upgrade. You don't just buy the upgrade without buying the
earlier version.

I lucked into a deal a number of months ago, through someone on this list.
He was selling an extra, unneeded Frame license for an earlier version.
His company had bought a package deal of some sort and ended up not needing
the full count. I bought the license for the lower version, and then
bought the upgrade from a VAR.

Win
Win Day
Technical Writer