Re: JOB: Technical Writer, Cupertino, CA

Subject: Re: JOB: Technical Writer, Cupertino, CA
From: "Ivan Gelicall" <ivan_gelicall -at- hotbot -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:40:20 -0800

Please do not respond to me directly.

Technical Writer

Kanisa Inc
10351 Bubb Rd
Cupertino, CA. 95014

Contact: Keith Mahoney
Phone: (408) 863-5783
Fax: (408) 863-5810
E-mail: keith -dot- mahoney -at- kanisa -dot- com
http://www.kanisa.com/

Full-time; Staff
Location: Cupertino
Telecommute: Yes (20%)

Position Description and Responsibilities:

The candidate will be responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining documentation for Kanisa's e-Service products. Candidate will be responsible for hard-copied and online documentation, as well as ensuring that our documentation passes QA standards. Other duties and responsibilities include contributing and supplying editorial guidance to engineering staff and collaborating with project leads to plan, analyze, and organize assigned projects relating to publication delivery dates. Candidate will also be responsible for planning and organizing technical specifications prepared by engineers to determine the appropriate scope and content for documentation.

Familiarity with API documentation and basic programming languages are pluses, but not essential.

Candidate Requirements:

7 Candidate must have 2-7 years of relevant experience

7 Candidate must have a BA or equivalent industry experience

7 Candidate must possess excellent writing, editing, and communication skills

7 Candidate must also be able to communicate and interact with all levels of technical/engineering personnel

7 Candidate must have the ability to handle multiple projects and adjust priorities to meet the needs of the team

Software Requirements:
Candidate must have the following experience with following software packages: FrameMaker, MSWord, Adobe Acrobat, HTML and PaintShop pro.

Benefits:

7 Three weeks paid vacation
7 10 paid holidays per year
7 Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), life and disability insurance
7 401(k) plan
7 We also offer a pre-IPO Stock Options Plan for our employees

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com