Re: Soliciting writing appliance recommendations

Subject: Re: Soliciting writing appliance recommendations
From: "Nancy E. Kaminski" <nancykam -at- mediaone -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:06:10 -0600

> Mark is looking for *a "palm-top" with a large enough keyboard to
> type on comfortably? It wouldn't even have to have a hard
> drive--just enough flash memory to hold a couple of hundred pages, and a
USB
> or other connection to download it to my desktop. It'd also be nice
> if it had a 25-line by 80-column screen, and ran on AA batteries.*

I have an NEC MobilePro 770 which fits the bill perfectly. It has a keyboard
big enough to touch-type on, a color 640 x 240 dpi screen, 32 MB of RAM, and
accomodates flash cards for extra memory. It runs Windows 95 CE, and syncs
into my PC's Windows Outlook. It weighs 1.7 lbs. and is 9.6 x 5.2 x 1.1
inches. It runs off of Li-Ion batteries or an AC adapter -- the batteries
will run for about 8 hours.

I love mine -- I use it for my schedules, address book, and to take notes
at meetings. It's no more trouble to carry than a Franklin planner, and I've
found it has a very high geek appeal -- something that counts when you need
those techies to fix your PC at work! <g>

Nancy E. Kaminski , Technical Writer/Editor
Fairview Health Services, Minneapolis, MN USA
(612) 672-6882 phone, (612) 672-6083 fax
nkamins1 -at- fairview -dot- org | nancykam -at- mediaone -dot- net
"Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so." -- Douglas Adams