Re: Translation Resources

Subject: Re: Translation Resources
From: Andres Heuberger <andresh -at- fxtrans -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:21:41 -0500

Hi Ellen,

You might want to try the following sites that give basic, no-frills estimates for translation-only projects:

* www.languageline.com/doc_trans_price.html
* www.isaacnet.com/rates.htm
* www.plustranslation.com (they offer various quality levels, all based on machine translations)

If your projects involve specialized terminology, additional services, DTP software, or other "complications," you should talk to a vendor. They will need some basic volume and format information from you and should be able to provide you with a rough estimate over the phone.

At our company, ForeignExchange Translations, we provide estimates on the phone (the above-mentioned "rough guideline") as well as detailed proposals within 24 hours (detailed, will-not-exceed quotes).

Good luck,
Andres

ForeignExchange Translations, Inc.
Multilingual Compliance for Regulated Industries
Web globalization * Software localization * Technical translation
888.454.0787 http://www.fxtrans.com