Re: Re: FrameMaker vs. the competition

Subject: Re: Re: FrameMaker vs. the competition
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:21:14 -0600

Oh, fer cryin out loud!

I've used Interleaf for most of my TW life. I've used 5, 6, and am now
on 7. I
get good technical support when I need it. It does everything I want it
to do
with a minimum of fuss and bother. We briefly considered changing to
Framemaker
a while back, but when I tried to use it (Frame) I had a terrible time
trying to
figure it out. Interleaf was relatively easy for me. I use Word for some
things,
but I'd really rather chew chalk.

This discussion cycles every 4 months or so, and I for one am INCREDIBLY
bored
with it. Everyone makes the same points over and over again about Word
and
Frame, and then ends up dissing Interleaf. May I suggest referring
anyone who
asks the "how can I justify buying Frame" question to the archives
immediately?
It would certainly help reduce the chance of wearing out my delete key.

Nora
Senior Technical Writer, Charles Industries, Ltd.
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com