Re: Wadda Ya Callit?

Subject: Re: Wadda Ya Callit?
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:27:22 -0600

> Apparently, it takes just a little more diligence to cover one's tracks
> regarding AutoComplete entries for "form and password suggestions." For
> those of you who have something to hide, the Microsoft article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ARTICLES/Q217/1/48.asp

Password suggestions??? Eek! Whether or not I have anything to hide, I'd rather
it kept my passwords secret!

BTW, I think this is relevant to techwr-l because it shows how important it is
that we (1) use feature names that the user understands, or (2) keep the user in
mind when documenting features with less-than-intuitive names. Whatever the
programmer called this function didn't help the user use it (or stop using it).

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc