RE: HELP - css problems!

Subject: RE: HELP - css problems!
From: "Murrell, Thomas" <TMurrell -at- alldata -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:51:49 -0500

I'm going to reply through the list in the hope that if I'm totally
misunderstanding aspects of Cascading Style Sheets someone will (gently)
correct me.

I'm looking at the information published by W3C (http://www.w3c.org) on
CSS2. As I read the information on the "display" property, it cannot be
used as you are showing (even allowing for the fact that you don't use equal
signs when defining CSS properties). "DISPLAY" can have a value of inline,
block, list-item, run-in, etc. (it goes on for a couple of lines of text),
but none of them appears to be, or allow, a string.

Also, I'm not familiar with hard coding text into a CSS component.

Again, if I'm wrong, I hope someone will correct my understanding, too.

Tom Murrell