Re: Is your documentation copyrighted?

Subject: Re: Is your documentation copyrighted?
From: "TrishGreen" <TrishGreen -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:08:08 -0600

Another common and extremely cheap and easy way to copyright your stuff is
to simply stuff it into an envelope and mail it to yourself. DON'T OPEN THE
ENVELOPE, when it comes in. It's the postmark that proves that you were the
first to smith those words.

Officially copyrighting documents isn't hard or expensive, but it does
involve passing your work through the governmental process (takes some time,
and there are forms to fill out), plus copyrights aren't perpetual. They
must be renewed once each decade.

Trish Green
Malachite Finch Publishing, Ltd.