Re: Word2000 and Acrobat

Subject: Re: Word2000 and Acrobat
From: iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk (Iain Harrison)
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 22:20 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> We still have Acrobat 3.1 and COULD download the beta PDFMaker for
> MSWord 97 from Adobe. We haven't upgraded to Acrobat 4 yet because
> we're waiting for it to stabilize. It really doesn't give us many
> extra features anyhow; except for a supported version of PDFMaker.
> Has anyone worked through this situation yet?

I've not used it with Word 2000, but it is well worth upgrading to 4 even
if only for the PDFMaker, which is vastly better than the v3 one.

I certainly haven't found anything unstable of flaky about it (though it
doesn't like heading levels missed out, but copes vastly better than the
v3 problems with missing levels: it just gave up)

--

Iain

iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk
iainh -at- cix -dot- co -dot- uk