Re: ADMIN: Re: OT How do I unsubscribe?

From: "Sharon Deitch" <Sharon -at- eshbel -dot- com>
To: "TWL" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:10:58 +0200

Iain Harrison wrote:

<<TechComm: replies go to the list by default
To unsubscribe: LEAVE TECHCOMM as an email body to
list -at- user -dot- itconsult -dot- co -dot- uk

Seems pretty clear to me, but still people need help with it.>>

I don't know, Iain. I personally read those lines twice to make sure that
the instructions are in fact: Send an e-mail to <address> with the words
LEAVE TECHCOMM in the body.

The unsub instructions on this list are crystal clear, and it is quite
common to see unsub instructions at the bottom of e-mails generated from a
mailing list. We cannot discount the fact that some people are simple lazy
and prefer to call tech support (in this case, ask the list) rather than
look up the answer in the docs.

My two cents on the subject,
Sharon

Sharon Deitch