Re: Gathering edits from several people - remote office locations

Subject: Re: Gathering edits from several people - remote office locations
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:26:20 -0600

"Backer, Corinne" wrote:

> I've never tried it, but Microsoft supposedly has a decent feature for an
> email "conference call" meeting. It's called NetMeeting, I think it's a
> component to be used with Outlook but it may be stand-alone.

Yes, I've experimented with NetMeeting -- it can be used stand-alone, and it's a
nifty little program. But we have problems getting around our firewall, you can
only exchange audio/video between 2 sites (unless it has changed since I used it
last), and my SMEs don't necessarily have the computer access they need. Maybe
in a few years.

Tracy
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc