Re: ADMIN: Re: OT How do I unsubscribe?.. reading directions

From: John Cornellier <cornelli -at- stavanger -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 10:51:08 +0100

Re. why people post unsubscribe msgs: they did not read the footer. Why not? Would any students on the list like to conduct a usability study and replace this speculation with fact? Meanwhile, here are my theories:

1. Info overload. We must actively ignore information. The Techwr-L footer begins with two ads.

2. Long posts. The footer is usually hidden in the scrolling area.

3. Incompetence. Raise your hand if you've never pushed a door labelled pull.