RE: [Fwd: font and font size for graphs]

Subject: RE: [Fwd: font and font size for graphs]
From: "David Chinell" <dchinell -at- email -dot- msn -dot- com>
To: "'Hoffman'" <Hoffman -at- wt -dot- tno -dot- nl>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:29:09 -0500

Hi Gayle:

I can't recall reading any formal guidelines, but I'll bet there are some,
and I'm hoping to learn about them in other replies.

For myself, I try to make figure labeling harmonize with the body text and
caption fonts.

We add our labels in the drawing programs, and use the same face and size as
our figure captions. We use bold for emphasis. We also use fonts that are
two points smaller than the caption when levels of label are needed. We try
to avoid going bigger than the caption.

Bear