RE: Authorware vs....? (long message)

Subject: RE: Authorware vs....? (long message)
From: "Karen Carruthers" <kcarruthers -at- exactis -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:18:11 -0700

We delivered the training materials on CD because that's the format most of
our field personnel wanted it in. We were moving to the web, but I didn't
think our intranet could handle it at the time.

I've used an early version of Toolbook so I can't speak to the latest
versions. It's more object oriented in its approach to development and the
early version was fairly easy to learn. If you have a background in
object-oriented programming it would help. Toolbook will handle multiple
forms of media. I still prefer Director's flexibility but that's just a
personal opinion. Again, to be fair to Asymetrix, I haven't tried the latest
versions so they probably have made it more flexible to compete with
Director.

Also,

Lisa Capozzi says:
<<But if you are building quizzes I think the cost is worth it.>>

Authorware does make it easy to set up quizzes and track responses once you
learn the basic program, but I've been able to do the same types of
exercises in Director.

Karen Carruthers
Senior Technical Writer, Infobeat
phone: 303-942-4709