Re: Employment Websites-faux pas search engines

Subject: Re: Employment Websites-faux pas search engines
From: "Richard" <thepoet -at- thepoet -dot- com>
To: "Christian, Peter" <PACf -at- pge -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 23:19:06 -0700

I was wondering if anyone has tried the various jobs search entities listed
in this thread and checked to see if they are Ok. I tried www.dice.com's and
it showed Engineering jobs for searches relating to Tech writer or graphic
designer. It would be nice to find a list of sites were they pay attention
to their search engines. Saves time and adds credibility to the site.

> www.dice.com
>
> no question about it. I got a job within three weeks of posting, and still
> get calls based on my posting, from 18 months ago.
>
> Most of your calls will be from contracting agencies - but I like that. It
> allows me to bypass HR.
>
> Peter Christian

Help.
> More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-
>
> Register now for a Professional Technical Writing Certificate at
> www.online-learning.com/index1.html. An ideal professional development
> opportunity, PTW begins February 15, 2000 and lasts 4 months.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: pacf -at- pge -dot- com
leave-techwr-l-27414W -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
> Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

> Sponsored by Weisner Associates Inc., Online Information Services
> Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based
Help.
> More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-
>
> Register now for a Professional Technical Writing Certificate at
> www.online-learning.com/index1.html. An ideal professional development
> opportunity, PTW begins February 15, 2000 and lasts 4 months.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: thepoet -at- thepoet -dot- com
leave-techwr-l-27441T -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com