Issues compiling with Doc-2-Help

Subject: Issues compiling with Doc-2-Help
From: "Reina, Mary" <MReina -at- federatedinv -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:04:04 -0500

Hello all,

I'm investigating a Doc-2-Help problem. We have
compiled our .doc files to 32-bit (WinHlp40) using Doc-2-Help;
however, when calling the help files from within
the application (using the Help menu or the F1
key), a 16-bit help displays,
complete with the yellow Contents, etc.

Now when opening the help files using the purple book icon (.hlp file),
it appears as a 32-bit help file should.

The developer thinks it is the way the file was compiled, and my team
thinks that it is something the developer needs to add to his program
in order to call out the correct help engine.

First, could it be the way we compile using Doc-2-Help? A bug or a
detail that was overlooked on the tech writers part? Or does the
developer have to do something in order to display the 32-bit file?

Second, if the issue falls on the actions of the developer, how can I
explain it to him (especially when I'm not a programmer, and I don't
speak his language?)

Thanks,

Mary T. Reina
Federated Investors