Re: "Team Player" - Please Define?

Subject: Re: "Team Player" - Please Define?
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 21:44:36 -0500

I find this discussion absolutely fascinating. In my experience, team
player was used to describe the "good" employees who were willing to look
the other way when colleagues and bosses bypassed SEC regulations,
copyright laws, etc.

Under the circumstances, how should one answer the question if an
interviewer asked whether or not you're a team player? Would it be
inappropriate to say something along the order of, "Assuming that you mean
one who supports and works with his associates, ..."? Because I do NOT
violate copyright laws or government regulations, and would not want to
imply that I did.