Font problems in PDF; Importing Excel to FM

Subject: Font problems in PDF; Importing Excel to FM
From: "Curtis Brautigam" <curtisb -at- nurserysupplies -dot- com>
To: "Framers" <Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 12:00:57 -0500

I have saved a number of FrameMaker documents done with the Century
Schoolhouse font as PDF files. The problem I have is that whenever I try to
edit the Century Schoolhouse text in Acrobat Exchange, I get a message to
the effect that I am not allowed to edit the text (the font is not saved in
Adobe Acrobat, something like that). I am able to edit Arial and Times New
Roman text just fine. I find myself having to go back to FrameMaker, edit
the Century Schoolhouse text, and then re-saving the file in PDF format.
What should I do so that I can be able to edit Century Schoolhouse text
directly in PDF without having to go back to FrameMaker to do so?

Also, is there a fool-proof way to import Excel documents to FM without
butchering the original format? I attempted to import an Excel file into
FrameMaker, and the Excel-generated tables came out discombobulated in
FrameMaker.

Curtis R. Brautigam
Nursery Supplies, Inc.