Data Flow and Process Description Charts - what are they?

Subject: Data Flow and Process Description Charts - what are they?
From: "Weiner, Kandis" <kweiner -at- positron -dot- qc -dot- ca>
To: "'techwrl'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:12:24 -0500

Hello All,

I've been asked to do a data flow chart and a process description chart for
a whole bunch of website CGIs.

I can gather from their titles what these charts basically are.

What I am wondering is if there are standards for data flow and process
description charts, in terms of what symbols to use to mean what, or what
information must be represented?

Can anybody point me in the direction of a website, or any other resource,
for a description of these charts and their standards/requirements?

Thanks for your help!

Kandis Weiner.
Technical Communicator - Positron Public Safety Systems
http://www.positron911.com
mailto:kweiner -at- positron -dot- qc -dot- ca