Re: Translation issues

Subject: Re: Translation issues
From: John Yunker <jyunker -at- fxtrans -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 12:06:04 -0500

At 10:25 AM 2/2/00 -0600, Alyssa Fox wrote:

Task at hand:

Question:
Anyone have any ideas as to a tool or method for constructing these manuals
so that only a paragraph at a time will have to be re-translated?

Alyssa Fox
afox -at- zeh -dot- com

Alyssa,

I think a long-term answer to your problem is to take advantage of translation memory technology (TM). This way, it doesn't matter what software you use to manage the text. TM allows your vendor to parse out any text changes for translation management.

A recent issue of our newsletter addresses TM issues. If you'd like a copy, please contact me offline at jyunker -at- fxtrans -dot- com -dot-
Also, should you not want to bother with TM, there are a number of translators who do work with FrameMaker.

Take care...

John Yunker mailto:jyunker -at- fxtrans -dot- com
ForeignExchange Translations, Inc.
Multilingual Compliance Management
T. 401.454.0787 F. 401.454.0789
W. http://www.fxtrans.com