RE: STC SIGs - scam or resource

Subject: RE: STC SIGs - scam or resource
From: Win Day <winday -at- home -dot- com>
To: John Eldard <JEldard -at- vinca -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 18:39:57 -0500

At 08:53 AM 2/2/00 -0700, John Eldard wrote:
>I feel like the STC should absorb the cost for the first SIG. After that,
>they could charge the $5 fee. I think that those who belong to SIGs are
>those whose companies pay the fee. I will not join a SIG even though my
>company pays my membership fees. The value just isn't there.

I don't have any problem with STC charging $5 US (that's about $7 for me)
for SIG membership. I belong to several.

And while my company pays for it, I AM my company. I freelance. The SIG
membership, as well as the STC membership, comes out of MY pocket.

Both are well worth the cost.

Win
Win Day
Technical Writer