RE: Voice to text problem

Subject: RE: Voice to text problem
From: "Egelstaff, Julian" <Julian -dot- Egelstaff -at- Cognos -dot- COM>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 11:28:57 -0500

I've used the Dragon product too (though not the top of the line version).
Something else to keep in mind, you will have to train the product on the
voice of each individual speaker, which means you should probably have that
person handy to do the training routines with the software.

Also, unless you have the high quality recordings that the other poster
mentioned, there is no way this approach will work. And someone will still
have to go over the transcription afterwards.

If I were you, I'd go for the "writer-taking-notes" approach, since it will
probably generate the best quality-to-time-invested ratio.

--Julian xt 3627
(speaking for myself, NOT cognos)