training manuals/motivation

Subject: training manuals/motivation
From: "W words" <wongword -at- ozemail -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 21:56:27 +1100

Can you suggest any web sites on the design of training manuals.

I am particularly interested in information about motivating people or
understanding their motivations for reading a self paced training manual.

Perhaps you have some relevant experience in this area.

Will they bother to read it. Should the manual persuade them up front that
it would benefit the organisation's efforts if they did something correctly
and used software to do this?

Also if you know of any books on this subject matter I would be happy to
read your recommendations.

Regards
Irene Wong