RE: Getting out of a bad situation

Subject: RE: Getting out of a bad situation
From: "Niesa Page" <Niesa_Page -at- stercomm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 11:29:03 -0600

> Telling the employer when you interview that your last super-
> visor is deceased, but here are your other references, should suffice.

Any ideas how to politely convey that my next-to-last boss was fired for
embezzlement, and is thus unavailable?

I had something similar happen to me: three jobs ago, i worked for less than
three months for an
internet company. whether questioned or not about this short tenure, i always
bring it up and am
truthful about the reason i left: my paycheck was either late or would bounce,
creditors were not
being paid, etc. i find i have no problems w/interviewers once they learn the
truth. most are
sympathetic, although one guy wondered what took me so long to leave...

last i heard, the guy who owned the company was on the lam -- not very christian
of me, but i do fondly
hope he's some prison bubba's boy toy these days...

bottom line: be honest, yet circumspect.

Niesa Page
STERLING COMMERCE GLOBAL CONFERENCE
E-Business Strategies 2000
Secrets of the E-Business Masters