Re: diagram callouts-Oops and Thanks (all done)

Subject: Re: diagram callouts-Oops and Thanks (all done)
From: Christi <christi -at- sageinst -dot- COM>
To: TechWhrl <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:13:39 -0800

on 2/10/00 10:34 AM, Janet Valade at janetv -at- systech -dot- com wrote:
> I agree with everything Geoff said. I just also wanted to mention: the fact
> that the out-of-order letters might cause the user to stumble or pause for a
> second look might be a good thing in this case. It might prevent the user
> from quickly connecting them in the wrong order.

I often see queries where there is not enough information. And I did think
about what I put in my email. I just thought that to put it _all_ in would
make it too long.

In a nut shell, order matters. There are labels, but (1) they vary for each
user depending on their specific panel, and (2) there are actually many
different possible places that users might connect to on the panel, and I'm
just illustrating the general connection process. Also, fortunately (?), for
once it's not my company's fault (about the poor labeling desing); we are
connecting to something made by someone else. And given the technology, the
connections have to be done very particularly. Some plugs have to be done
simulateously (e.g., plug in A and B at the same time).

Anyway, next time, I'll try to include even more info than I think is
necessary to try to avoid the extra questions. Sorry.

But for now, I've got a solution. I think what Janet said above about users
needing to pause just a moment to find the right next letter is a good
point. If the users do it out of order, bad things can happen.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. It's always good to get a perspective other
than your own.

Christi Carew

Sage Instruments
Freedom, CA, USA