RE: How to write for information reuse?

Subject: RE: How to write for information reuse?
From: Kay Robart <kay -dot- robart -at- integratedconcepts -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:06:25 -0600

I haven't actually done this yet, but I have gone to a few talks on it
because
of curiosity and interest. The main thing suggested is that you plan very
carefully the types of information you want in the database, their levels,
the tagging for those types, and work out the wording with all available
authors, because
they have to be able to agree that something is the "golden" paragraph.
As soon as you change the information, you defeat the purpose.

I just saw a talk on this by Joanne Hackos, and she is working on a book
about
it that should be available soon.

Kay Robart