Writing Samples Questions

Subject: Writing Samples Questions
From: "rich45" <rich45 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:20:04 -0600

Are there any guidelines or de facto standards for writing samples to
follow? I am particularly interested in how others address
showing/submitting writing samples to prospective employers in the hardware
and software development industries.

Key Questions:

How long should each sample be?

Should they be formatted (DTP) or simply plain text to highlight the writing
and not the DTPing?

How many samples should I expect to show during the interview process?

Should they be presented as a portfolio that is shown or as handouts to be
left behind for later reading?

Thanks,

Rich