Single source man pages? (Was: do you write or edit man pages?)

Subject: Single source man pages? (Was: do you write or edit man pages?)
From: Peter Kleczka <pkleczka -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:29:05 -0800 (PST)

> --- Christi <christi -at- sageinst -dot- COM> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone writes or edits man pages
> as
> part of your job?
[Snip] While they are generally ok; they are
> written in passive voice.

Christi

Your post reminded me that I think I saw
something about a program that extracted
the text comments from code in order to
create man pages. Perhaps if you wanted
to re-write man pages you might also
have to re-write the comments in someones
code. Perhaps that would'nt sit well
with the programmers, or perhaps it
might look strange if the programming
comments were written in active-first