New website update

Subject: New website update
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "TechDoc List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 15:04:06 -0500

The Simply Written website has finally received its long-overdue facelift.
There's now a neighborhood for new writers, with a FAQ. There's also a link
to a Web URL for the John Hayes "magical number seven" paper. And we've
restructured the index page to drive visitors into specific neighborhoods.
There is a neighborhood expressly for Clustar, with a page for our
"Clusties". You'll also find a neighborhood for single source, and a simple
example of XML used in two ways; same XML doc, different stylesheets. There
are links to books and to other sites of interest to techwhirlers. Please
feel free to suggest more sites...we want this thing to be of maximum
assistance to our brethren, especially the new or reluctant tech writers.

All comments happily received. There are numerous places where colleagues
can participate or contribute. As Linus Torvald is fond of pointing out,
with enough eyeballs, all shortcomings (in his case "bugs") are shallow. We
don't have CGI working yet, but we're making do with email links.

Thanks to those who helped with the redesign. You know who you are.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar Method(TM)
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
Check our Web site for the upcoming Clustar class info
http://www.simplywritten.com