Re: Pay rate for contractor with no experience

Subject: Re: Pay rate for contractor with no experience
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: Anthony Markatos <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:54:17 -0600

Dallas....and several contracts ago I earned $42/hour on a W-2. Whatever my
rate, I always up the rate $5/hour when I work a 1099. While, if I'm working on
a W-2, I always take advantage of any 401(k) plans the shop may have, I have my
own benefits, so never take those.

It really depends on where you are. In some areas of the country, the prevailing
rates here in Dallas are low, other areas, high. It also depends on your level
and if you have any special areas of expertise to drive up your market price.

Jo Byrd