Re: Advice for beginner

Subject: Re: Advice for beginner
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: Chris Kowalchuk <chris -at- bdk -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:56:08 -0800

No, all TW is not computer oriented, it's just that that's where the greatest need and the most money is. My personal love is in aviation, but there's no money in that at all.

You might look into the bio-tech industry, there's an enormous requirement for TW with knowledge of FDA Good Manufacturing Processes. Another fairly lucrative field is environmental writing. The last I looked, manufacturinging writing doesn't pay well, but that might have changed.

A while back, I did do some editing for physicians who wanted to be published in AMA etc. There is work in other fields, you just have to dig some.

Good luck.

Marc
Marc A. Santacroce

Senior Technical Writer
ePubs, Inc.

"An idiot with a computer is a better, faster idiot."