RE: Advice for beginner

Subject: RE: Advice for beginner
From: Kay Robart <kay -dot- robart -at- integratedconcepts -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:55:00 -0600

Sorry if I'm repeating something someone else said. I didn't watch
this thread from the beginning.

I'm not familiar with the Seattle area, but many places have an active
market for medical writers. Another area you might be interested in
is called various things, but often Corporate Communications, and it
can involve such projects as writing corporate newsletters, corporate
policies, or web sites.

On your comments about the computer industry, though, I have been
working for the software industry for almost 20 years, and I have
never had to learn computer programming. For the most part, I write
the user manuals for the software program. Depending upon the
type of software, the subject manner was more or less
technical or scientific, but it didn't involve programming except
when I was asked to edit the Programming Guide for grammar and
spelling.

Kay Robart