Re: W2 vs 1099 and what's really important (was: Pay rate for contrac tor with no experience)

Subject: Re: W2 vs 1099 and what's really important (was: Pay rate for contrac tor with no experience)
From: Justin Cascio <justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:39:49 -0500

This is terrible! Why does anybody contract? Why am *I* contracting? Of
all of it, I'm concerned most about getting the more tangible bennies,
insurance and 401-K. How are those of you who contract handling this?
And is it necessary to do something legal-wise to start W-2ing it?

Justin Cascio

--
Justin Cascio: Technical Communication http://move.to/techwriter

"Ol' Diz knows the king's English. And not only that, I also know the
queen is English."
--Dizzy Dean, baseball great, responding on air to a letter from a
listener who said he didn't know the King's English