Layout of screen captures

Subject: Layout of screen captures
From: Revathi Narasimhan <revnar_63 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:33:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have a layout question:
I am writing a textbook supplement for a publisher on
how to use Excel in a math course, which is to be
in camera ready form on 8.5 x 11 paper.

I have several screen captures of Excel dialog
boxes to illustrate methods to students.
I can either lay them out as
<text>
<screenshot>
<more text>

or
<text>
<text wrap around> <screenshot>
<more text>

I would like to know from people experienced
in layout which is a preferred approach. Also,
I am resizing the shots using photoshop to create a
better aesthetic balance (but the resolution
of the resized image is still reasonable).
Is my time being spent wisely? Does it really
make a difference in readbaility?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reva Narasimhan
Dept. of Mathematics