Reseraching Grammar Points (was Backward(s), toward(s), forward(s))

Subject: Reseraching Grammar Points (was Backward(s), toward(s), forward(s))
From: "Christopher" <addforlist -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "Nickell Traduction" <nickelltrad -at- autoroute -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:59:42 +0100

Traci wrote:

> It's quite possible it's just a dialect thing. Fowler's does accept both.
> I just go by what is considered acceptable by the majority of books.
About
> eight years ago, I picked certain grammar points and went through about
> recognized 30 style and grammar books from Canada, the USA and Britain. I
> chose what the majority use and stick to that, so when I get a client
coming
> back, disagreeing about something I put, even though both are correct, I
can
> send pages from five or more style books instead of just one.

I'm intrigued by this, especially being a Brit writing in (what I hope is)
American English. I would love to find the time to do something similar (I
can get so pedantic when I want to!)...

How many points did you research on? What were there? Which style/grammar
books did you use?

Do you have this information (answers to my questions and/or your personal
grammar/style guide) in any distributable form that you would be willing to
share with us?