Problems with ATM?

Subject: Problems with ATM?
From: "Nancy E. Kaminski" <nancykam -at- mediaone -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>, "TechComm" <techcomm -at- user -dot- itconsult -dot- co -dot- uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:48:09 -0600

Hello, Folks:

The little techcomm dept. I'm with (3 people) is having a meeting to try to
hammer together tool standards. We all use pretty much the same things --
PageMaker and FrameMaker, primarily -- but we have a basic disagreement on
fonts. (We all use PCs running Windows 98, and print to non-postscript HP
Laserjets). We're a low-tech shop, printing-wise -- our manuals are printed
on the laserjet, then photocopied for our predominantly inhouse users. We
occasionally dip into the PDF world.

I prefer to stick to Type 1 fonts only, and of course need Adobe Type
Manager to install and manage them. My coworkers insist that ATM trashes
their PCs, and so only use TrueType fonts and won't touch Type 1s with a
10-foot pole. I've run ATM on many PCs, both at home and at work, and have
never had any problem at all. I'm currently using ATM Deluxe.

Has anyone out there experienced problems with ATM similar to what my
coworkers complain about? I'm honestly confused, and they tend to get
defensive when I ask them exactly what happens to their PCs beyond the
generic "trashing" description (they think I'm a bit nutty about fonts to
begin with).

Thanks for your help,
Nancy K.
nancykam -at- mediaone -dot- net