Re: Basic Info on Network Security??

Subject: Re: Basic Info on Network Security??
From: "Sandy Harris" <sharris -at- dkl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:04:11 -0500

MorganFoster5000 -at- aol -dot- com wrote:

> I am working on a paper where I need to define some terms and provide
> information related to protecting a corporate network from security
> breaches and such.

The standard web references are:

http://www.cerias.purdue.edu/coast/hotlist/ Computer security
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/links.html Cryptography
http://cwis.kub.nl/~FRW/PEOPLE/koops/lawsurvy.htm Crypto laws

My docs for FreeS/WAN, a Linux security product, are entirely on the
web at:

http://www.freeswan.org/

In particular, have a look at the glossary (and other glossaries it has
links to):

http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.3/doc/glossary.html

and at the files of web links, especially the "interesting papers"
section among the security links:

http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.3/doc/links.crypto.html#interesting