Re: online forum

Subject: Re: online forum
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: "Pam Hurley" <hurleyp -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:29:40 -0500

Check out the services that worldnet.att.net offers. I use some of them and
they have features you can put on your Web site that probably would suit
you.

http://publish.att.net/sitefeatures.html

Address List (members only)
Allows you to easily create a list of members for your community. It also
determines who will receive copies of your newsletter by e-mail.

Calendar (members only)
Create and manage a monthly calendar that can be viewed by visitors. It's a
great way to let people know what's happening at your site throughout the
year.

Counter (members only)
Place a counter on one or more pages of your Web site and keep track of how
many "hits" you receive.

Guest Book (members only)
Receive feedback from visitors to your site and help identify people with
similar interests. Visitors can sign-in, leave comments, and even view what
others have said about your site.

Mailform (members only)
Create a form that visitors can complete right on your Web site. Now it's
easier than ever to collect information in a format of your choice.

Newsletter (members only)
Communicate with members of similar interests, gather articles, edit them,
and then send a completed newsletter to all interested.

Password Protection (members only)
Password protect all or part of your Web site. Allows you to password
protect any sub-directory and all files located in that sub-directory.

Personal Message Board (members only)
Collect comments about your site or spark interest on a variety of subjects.

Personal Web Chat (members only)
Add a chat room to your Web site and schedule interactive chats with this
exciting feature.

PhotoCenter (members only)
Create, edit, and share a digital photo album on your Web site. Turn your
film into digital photos which can easily be added to your Web pages.

Polling Booth (members only)
Poll Internet users and provide up-to-the-minute results, right on your Web
site! It's a fast and simple way to find out what people are thinking.

PWP SecureBuy Basic (members only)
Create your own online store and sell your merchandise with this e-commerce
feature. Offer your visitors the convenience of a shopping cart and a secure
way to receive their credit card information.

Search My Site (members only)
Allow visitors to search your Web pages by typing in a keyword or some other
combination of text.

Vanity URLs
Provide a simple, easy-to-remember URL for your Web site.

Web Ring (members only)
Create a ring of Web pages on your site that links you to other Web pages
you select. Promote your own site at Personal Web Pages @att.net and other
members' sites.

Web Site Builder (members only)
Build an entire Web site quickly and easily. Add your favorite site
features, choose your own color scheme, and much more!

* The Random Home Page feature is a random showing of members' pages. Please
note that AT&T WorldNet Service does not preview any member's site before it
appears.

From: Pam Hurley <hurleyp -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Friday, February 18, 2000 8:28 AM

>Hi,
>
>I teach writing, and want to create an online forum for students, but don't
>know how to begin doing this. I work as a consultant and not in a
>university setting, so I need to be able to do this on my own.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Pam Hurley

>Sponsored by Weisner Associates Inc., Online Information Services
>Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based Help.
>More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-
>
>Your web site in 32 languages? Maybe not now, but sooner than you think.
>Contact ForeignExchange for the FREE paper, "3 steps to successful
>translation management" (http://www.fxtrans.com/3steps.html?tw).
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: bgranat -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net
leave-techwr-l-25993K -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com