online forum

Subject: online forum
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- netcom -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:56:32 -0500

Pam Hurley teaches <<...writing, and want to create an online forum for
students, but don't know how to begin doing this. I work as a consultant
and not in a university setting, so I need to be able to do this on my
own.>>

It depends on what you mean by "forum"; if all you're looking for is a
mailing list like techwr-l, check out www.onelist.com, which offers free
mailing list hosting services. It seems to work quite well. If you're
looking for something more like a community or chat room, I believe Yahoo
and its competitors offer this kind of service either free or for a nominal
fee. And if the forum really is for students, you can probably convince the
university you're working for to set it up as a classroom aid.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} ghart -at- netcom -dot- ca

"Most business books are written by consultants and professors who haven't
spent much time in a cubicle. That's like writing a firsthand account of
the Donner party based on the fact that you've eaten beef jerky."--Scott
Adams, The Dilbert Principle