RE: tech word for user interface

Subject: RE: tech word for user interface
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "'Carnall, Jane'" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- compaq -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:33:06 -0500

Jane,

I have never heard of this terminology for user documentation, although
others might have. If this is a web-based application, you might consider
using some sort of site map, with the appropriate terminology, to help users
navigate to these parts of the system. If not web-based, most users I've
dealt with more easily understand terms such as "module" to indicate
interfaces grouped by functionality. I agree, the current terminology
probably won't migrate to end users easily.

Good luck.

Connie Giordano